Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tuesday


Hmm..where to start?

Well, I've been trying to implement behavioral change. Sunday I sat down with a new notebook and walked through some steps I need to achieve my goals. Unfortunately, that notebook is in the car and I am in the library. So I'll sum up:

I walked through my last post which outlined ways to implement behavioral change. The key piece to this is deciding on measurable, specific goals. It's so hard to say "I want to get healthy" or "I want to lose weight" and achieve just that because there are so many other goals that lead the way to those happening. Some of mine were:

Drink 64 ounces of water per day. This not only accomplishes the goal of not drinking as much coffee and diet coke, but helps to fuel my body with water which it so much needs.

Eat less snacks in front of the TV. I've declared this a trigger. The TV is my vege-out spot. Sometimes I eat in front of the TV just because it's a habit, it feel comfortbale.

Do some sort of activity while watching TV. I figure, I really enjoy watching TV, it's not something I want to all together give up, but if I can replace the negative habit of snacking in front of it with doing some crunches or lunges it can be a worthwhile activity.

Buy less packaged food and more fresh food. Put the fruit out on the counter. Just having it available and the junk food unavailable eliminates a whole lot of the problem.

I think those were all of my goals. I wrote out a log in a notebook with each of these and for each day I can write how much water, if I snacked in front of the TV etc. It's not that complicated, I feel like these goals are really achievable, but will really impact my health overall. So I'm feeling really positive about these.

If you come up with any ideas like this M, write them here.

ly.
a

No comments:

Post a Comment