Monday, May 3, 2010

Motivation

So I've been down about not doing well with everything (again...).

It feels really horrible and shameful to keep coming on this damn blog writing the same thing and messing up every time. I don't understand why I can't seem to do this. I can maintain a 4.0 throughout college, work, maintain relationships, but this is still something I struggle with all the time. I am beyond frustrated with myself. I feel like I don't know what to do, and I am so afraid I'll lose it again and then gain it back, and on and on and on.

So, on a more positive note, I've made a promise to myself to do what I can to be as healthy and confident as possible by my 21st birthday. I am young, and these should be the years I have to feel good and happy with myself, to be healthy and content. Today has gone well, and I put the balance in practice with allowing myself small treats (two Newman O's they had at work) while still eating healthy throughout the day. I think my main problem is restricting. My mom and I are going to LA Fitness Wednesday morning (my day off! no school or work!)so that will help. I think going to the gym will help keep me on track. I started going downhill when I stopped going.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I love you and thank you for always being there for me and not getting sick of me!

Love,
M

1 comment:

  1. M,
    Let's focus on the positive like you said: You have the ability to do SO many things. Some questions to ponder either privately/or here
    (if you want to,of course, I'm not telling you what to do, but if you think it would help, here's some things to ponder)
    What do you think your story is in regards to this aspect of your life? In other words, how has your family, the culture you grew up in, the people around you all contributed to your view of weight, food, and health?
    I think this is a good starting point to really examine and get to the root of why this aspect is handled differently than the other triumphs in your life. You have the ability to change (you've done it in many areas before.)
    What makes this ones area so much more difficult?
    What are some beahvioral strategies you could try to use to change these negative behaviors? I'm taking a class this summer call Principles of Personal Change, which will meet the night you and I are meeting. The first book I have to read is called "making changes last", the other is called "Changing for Good: A Revolutionary Six-Stage Program for Overcoming Bad Habits and Moving Your Life Positively Forward"
    I am not recommending them, as I haven't read them yet, but I'm thinking they could be helpful, based solely on the fact that I trust my department to assign really positive books in accordance to the subject at hand.
    Just as dedicated as you are to school, saving for Europe, being an amazing friend, all of these things you can be just as dedicated to overcoming this struggle. There is no one I have more confidence in this area. I think you just need help "anchoring the change." And you know I'll be here to do anything I can to help. Maybe it's time to try it in a different way that you've never tried before. I behavioral change is a good place to start.a

    ReplyDelete